Nominate Grantmakers that Embody Philanthropy at Its Best
posted on: December 19, 2012
|digitalart / FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
Every field has its star institutions that excel year in and year out, lead by example and define professional excellence. In early 2013, the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP) and our hundreds of organizational members and supporters will honor America’s best grantmaking institutions for the work they did in 2012.
Help us identify the finalists by nominating up to three U.S. grantmaking institutions for each award below. The deadline for nominations is Friday, February 1, 2013. It only takes five minutes!
Whom to Nominate
We are looking for grantmaking organizations (not individuals) that are maximizing the effectiveness of their philanthropy by:
- Attacking the root causes of social problems
- Empowering underserved communities
- Helping improve the sector as a whole through public leadership
Types of Awards
The awards below celebrate excellence achieved during calendar year 2012. There will be one awardee for each of the following categories:
- Large, Private Foundation (annual giving of $25 million or more)
- Small/Mid-Sized Private Foundation (annual giving less than $25 million)
- Corporate Foundation (any size)
- Grantmaking Public Charity (any size–this category includes community foundations, United Ways, public foundations, and other types of grantmaking public charities.
Don’t delay, nominate up to three grantmakers for each award now! And please tell your colleagues to do the same.