Philanthropy News Watch: January 28 – February 1, 2013
posted on: February 3, 2013
|By Renjith Krishnan | Freedigitalphotos.net|
Here is a roundup of some of last week’s interesting news and postings on philanthropy and nonprofits:
- Walmart’s Philanthropy Model: Charity and Poverty
by Allison Mannos | Frying Pan News
- The Benefits of Multiyear Grantmaking: A Funder’s Perspective
by Sandy Edwards | PhilanTopic
- Cliffs, Cuts and Change: Facing Austerity and Crises, Will Philanthropy Adapt or Delay?
by Kathleen P. Enright | The Huffington Post
- Confronting Climate Change: Time to Act!
by Sue Hoechstetter | Bolder Advocacy
- The Future of Civil Society, Davos Style
by Rick Cohen | Non-Profit Quarterly
- Atlantic Philanthropies Awards $3.25 Million to Expand Children’s Access to Health Coverage
Philanthropy News Digest
- It’s Time for Charities to Hire Women CEO’s and Pay Them Fairly
by Jane Eisner | The Chronicle of Philanthropy
Follow NCRP on Twitter to receive news and other information from the philanthropy and nonprofit communities.