Philanthropy News Watch: May 20 – 24, 2013
posted on: May 26, 2013
|By Renjith Krishnan | Freedigitalphotos.net|
Here is a roundup of some of last week’s interesting news and postings on philanthropy and nonprofits:
- Nonprofits need better guidance on tax-exempt standards
by Gary D. Bass and Elizabeth J. Kingsley | The Washington Post
- Will Women Billionaires Make Better Philanthropists?
by Anya Kamenetz | Co.Exist
- Philanthropy’s Most Effective Tool—Why Not Use It?
by Sue Hoechstetter | Bolder Advocacy Blog
- 27-Year IRS Veteran to Replace Lois Lerner in Nonprofit Division
The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Donor-Advised Funds Keep Up Rapid Growth
by Sarah Frostenson | The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Steve Jobs’s Widow Steps Onto Philanthropic Stage
by Peter Lattman and Claire Cain Miller
Follow NCRP on Twitter to receive news and other information from the philanthropy and nonprofit communities.